Word of Caution

Things posted here can (and will) induce violent reactions. Just be reminded that these things are my opinions and not in any way (or necessarily be) the general truth. Comment on the post if you have any reactions. I do not moderate the comments because you are entitled to your own opinions with your right to freedom of speech.

Furthermore, some topics may not be appropriate for you, depending upon your beliefs(primarily), strength of faith in your religion and your character integrity.

I usually disobey normal writing ethics by writing with a complete bias on one side because absolute objectivity, I believe, can never be attained.

You have been warned.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Love life?

One thing that's characteristic among Filipinos is their, for lack of a better term, addiction to love, particularly intimate ones. With our social norms; holding hands, kissing on the cheeks or what we call as "beso-beso", and even mere frequent rendezvouses are almost automatically associated with couples. The first time I told my male circle of friends about different girls I met or talked with, they instantly assumed that I'm courting them (the girls).

What's up with the Filipinos' addiction towards intimate love? Is it because of the feelings involved? or is it plainly and shamelessly about sex?

Well.. the latter could not possibly explain the nature of our kinsmen to easily hate someone even with the most immature reasons. The later, however, could very much explain the steady growth of our population rate. =P

We ought to be called the Land of Love; where its' people make a lot of loving.

Let's make love, not war;
Literally.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason this post made me laugh. Especially after the previous post with the so-called "thoughts" behind the frowns.

I don't think it's mostly about sex. For instance, here they have something called personal bubble, which I think is unknown to any asian culture. Then there is quite a lot of talk about sex offenders, pr0n videos and such advertised in tv, and heaven forbid contraceptive s and other "toys". It's mad I tell you. Back to topic, if social norms dictate what is on most people's minds, why is it that Americans appear to be indifferent towards others but the media shows otherwise.

Wow, long post, sorry about that Wormtail.

Ryu said...

well.. when I started posting this I intended this to go to another point instead of the one I arrived into. On the way, however, I forgot what that point was. haha.

E. J. Fleisje said...

WTB Recipe4Love. Will giev too door nails and a penni.

Anyway, why the gently caress are you Wormtail? He was a piece of poo poo. (I've been lurking the Something Awful fora for a week now. My English is in tatters. I weep.)

Ryu said...

yes.. I am Wormtail in our Marauder's Map Union (headed by prongs, up there). :P Because when the group was created (about 5 or so years ago), I was the smallest in the group, hence, wormtail. haha.

E. J. Fleisje said...

I see.

If it's any consolation, I doubt you could ever be typecast as Pettigrew. Which is good. I mean...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/39/Wormtailpoz.jpg

" 'Nuff said. "

Ryu said...

well.. he's.. um.. cute.
=P

E. J. Fleisje said...

Yeah. I'd hit it.

"m i rite" (Am I right?)